5 simple DIY honey hair masks for healthy hair growth
Her hair looks so healthy, shiny and moisturizing, and it got you wondering, “what exactly is she doing differently?” Let me let the cat out of the bag, she most likely is using one of the best ingredients you can use for your DIY hair masks – HONEY.
Are you surprised, just that? Yes, honey. We bring to you five different ways to make your hair masks with honey.
1. Honey, Banana, and Olive oil: 1 banana, 3 tbsp of honey and olive oil is the required measurement to make this hair mask. Chop the banana into small pieces, add the olive oil with honey and blend.
The next step is to section your hair into four parts and apply generously on damp hair, this will make it retain the mixture. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes before you apply shampoo. I do this when I intend to wash my hair.
2. Honey and eggs: Yes, eggs! They aren’t just for food. Eggs are a great source of protein. Do you want your hair colour treated or heat-damaged hair to come back to life? In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs and 3 tablespoons of honey, until it is smooth. Section your hair into four parts, apply this mixture generously, then cover your hair with a plastic shower cap. Weave it for 20 minutes, then wash out.
3. Honey and castor oil: You desire something that will help fight scalp infections? try using honey (2tbsp) and castor oil (3 tbsp), the latter acts as an anti-fungal. Castor oil is said to contain vitamins, fatty acids.
Assemble the honey and castor oil in a small bowl, whisk together with spoon or fork until it becomes a smooth paste. Apply generously in your already sectioned damp hair. Use a plastic cap (shower cap) on your hair to hold the heat. Allow it to sit for the next 30 minutes and shampoo.
4. Mix honey and your favourite deep conditioner: You can also spice up your deep-conditioning routine by adding honey to your deep conditioner.
Mix a handful of your deep conditioner and 2 tablespoons of the honey in a bowl. Apply and ensure your hair is covered from the scalp to the tips of your hair. Use a plastic cap and let it sit for 20 minutes, then rinse out.
5. Honey and coconut oil: How do you combine for use? Whisk the two ingredients in a bowl until it is well blended. Section your hair into four sections, apply on the damp hair. Cover with a plastic cap. Allow it sit for at least 20 minutes, wash and style.