Being an independent lady isn’t just about been financially capable, although, you would agree with me that that dominates it already. Likewise, you don’t need to be perfect.
Many ladies think they are ‘independent’, wait till you are done reading, then you can evaluate and re-evaluate yourself.
1. Your happiness is your responsibility: You don’t need the presence or absence of anybody to validate your happiness. You don’t apologize for being who you are.
2. You fix your financial glitches: These types of women are their own breadwinner. They don’t just hum this Beyonce’s song – “The shoes on my feet, I’ve bought it, the clothes I’m wearing, I’ve bought it, the clothes I’m wearing, I’ve bought it, the rock I’m rockin’, I’ve bought it, ‘cause I depend on me if I want it,” they sing it.
Are you in control of your financial needs or do you need/expect some guy with the ‘moneybag’ to save the rainy days?
3. You are SMART: You have Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic Time-bound goals. You are SMART. You don’t just have goals, you have plans to achieve them.
4. You enjoy the ‘me’ time: They are not scared of being in their own company. They take time out to be on their own without feeling lonely.
6. They know their worth: Especially in love relationships, you want him but you don’t need him because you will be fine financially either way. They don’t stay in a toxic relationship. She knows when to say no, even if it hurts.
7. You don’t fake you: You are real and true to yourself. You don’t confound to society’s dictates. When you seek her opinion, she gives you an honest one.
8. You don’t pull other women down: An independent woman empowers other women. She won’t tear other women down because her growth doesn’t depend on other women’s downfall.